Methods to Resolve SQL Server Error 26
Users often see “SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 – Error Locating Server/Instance Specified” error message while connecting to SQL Server. This error 26 SQL server is quite common nowadays as a lot of users are complaining about it.
SQL Server Error 26 occurs when users trying to connect to a SQL Server named instance. The reason of the SQL Server Error 26 is the client stack could not receive SSRP response UPD packet from SQL Browser. Now, there a few ways to solve SQL network interfaces error 26 in a smart way. Stay tuned to know the best way.
Tip: Fix SQL Server Management Studio Error 40
Fix SQL Server Error 26
You have to create an incoming rule that allows traffic from all promising IP addresses that are configured for the failover cluster instance and from all possible IP addresses of the remote server. For this, just follow the below steps. We’re sure that this way users can easily get rid of this SQL network interfaces error 26 for sure.
- Open Adminstrative Tools, from Control Panel to begin solving error 26 SQL server
- In Adminstrative Tools, click on Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Under Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer column, click on the Inbound Rule and then select New Rule from the right pane
- From New Inbound Rule Wizard window, select Custom and then click on the Next button
- Under Does this rule apply to all programs or a specific program? select All programs then click on Next button
- Form Protocol type list, select Any and then click on Next button
- Under Which remote OP addresses does this rule apply to? select These IP addresses and then click on Add button
- In IP Address dialog box, under This IP address or subnet type the IP address and then click on Ok button
- Under What action should be taken when a connection matches the specified conditions? select Allow the connection and then click on Next button
- Click on the Next button to complete the New Outbound Rule Wizard steps
Other Possible Causes of SQL Server Error 26 with Solution
SQL Server does not allow remote connections
- To resolve the SQL Server Error 26 open SQL Server Management Studio, Right click on the database and select properties
- On Security page, select SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode and click on Ok button
- Restart SQL Server
If you are still facing the Error 26, then there could be a same name conflict between two systems. Check whether the computer name, system name is same if yes, then try to system using its IP address. In addition this error 26 occurs with several issues that are mentioned below:
- SQL network interfaces, error: 26 – error locating server/instance specified
- provider: SQL network interfaces, error: 26 – error locating server/instance specified
- a network related or instance specific error in SQL server error 26
Experts’ Recommended Solution to Counter Errors Causes Due to Corruption
Now when there is some sort of data corruption issues present in the server, the SQL database might react differently than what it should usually do. Therefore, experts often suggest users to get the automated repair & recovery tool.
Downlaod the tool & then follow easy steps to repair damaged data & solve SQL network interfaces error 26 with ease. In addition, if you want to know how to make SQL server faster then this tool can remove corruption as well. Ultimately resulting in a faster server.
Step-1. Launch the Tool in your system & then Click the Open button.
Step-2. Select the Quick or Advanced Scan Mode as per your need.
Step-3. Set the SQL Server database details to continue further.
Step-4. Finally, Click on the Export button to finish the task.