A Complete Guide For Installing SQL Server 2016 Step by Step
SQL Server 2016 is the latest edition of SQL Server. It is the biggest leap forward in the history of Microsoft data platform. It has gain the real time insights across the transactional as well as analytical data via a platform of scalable database. Due to the reason, it has everything built-in from the performance of unparalleled in-memory, high availability, and new security to the advanced analytics, which make the application intelligent. In addition, the SQL server 2016 comes with some New T-SQL Features, which makes scripting more reliable. In the following section, we discuss the way for installing SQL Server 2016 step by step.
Before installing the SQL Server 2016, VC run binaries installation is required otherwise, the server 2016 may create the stability issue in various scenarios. Before installing the SQL Server 2016, users must follow the provided instructions for the SQL Server 2016 Release Notes from the official Microsoft website.
Procedure to Install SQL Server 2016
If all the rules pass then, the feature rules Window will be advanced automatically.
Specify the installation is default or named instance.
- Firstly, double-click on the setup.exe from the root folder of server installation. For the installation of SQL Server 2016 from the network share, after locating the root folder then, click on setup.exe.
- Now, click on the Installation option, which is at the left-hand of the navigation area and then, click on the “New SQL Server standalone installation or add or add features to existing installation” option.
- Choose an option from the product key page that indicates that shows the edition update of SQL Server is free or production edition >> click Next.
- Choose an option of “I accept the license terms” >> click Next to continue the process.
- Check the update page of Microsoft that will change all the settings of your system for including the latest updation after scanning Windows updates.
- Now the latest availability for product updation is displayed. If no products updation is discovered then, server does not show the page and auto advances for installation of Setup files page.
- All the downloading, extracting as well as installing of setup files all the progress will be provided by setup.
- Choose SQL Server feature of installation >> Next on setup role page.
- Select the desired component for installation. Users can choose any combination of check boxes. If user is installing SQL Server on 64-bit OS the following options will appear:
User server configuration, the actual services, which are configured, depends on the selected features.
Utilize Database Engine configuration for specifying the following and click next.
- Instance ID: Instance name is utilized as instance ID. For default instance, the name of instance and ID would be MSSQLSERVER. For the utilization of non-default instance ID, specify various values for Instance ID text box.
- Installed instance: If the default instance is installed already then, install name instance of SQL Server 2016.
Add the SQL server setup account that is running under, click on Add current user. Then, add for adding account under Administrators click on Add or Remove and edit the list of users. Once the editing is completed click on OK >> Next.
Use reporting service configuration page for specifying users that are required for administrative granting permissions >> Add current user >> click add button for adding success permission. Click remove button for removing access permission.
Utilize distributed relay client configuration page for specifying users that are required for granting administrative permission.
Now, check whether the product update feature is enabled or disabled and last update edition >> click Install to continue.
Once the installation is completed the page will give the link to log file summary for installation >> click close.
Now, restart your system and utilize SQL Server 2016.
- Security Mode
- SQL Server Administrators