Resolve SQL Server Error 9100 By Useful Workarounds
About the Error
The SQL server error 9100 occurs in the SQL Server 2005, 2008 R2 and 2012 and has a severity level of 23. This error occurs when index corruption is detected in the SQL server database. The error message appears like:
There are no straightforward manual methods to resolve the problematic issue. Some basic workarounds are needed to rectify the error.
Quick Solution: If you want to avoid the hassles of manual workarounds then you can choose to opt for a dedicated software solution known as SQL Recovery Tool to completely recover SQL server database
Resolve SQL Server Error 9100 Instantly
Approach #1: Execute the DBCC CHECKDB Command
Running the DBCC CHECKDB is recommended action for solving SQL server error 9100. The physical and logical inconsistencies among the database objects are checked by the database console commands.
- The following parameters are testified in the database tables:
- The rational amount of data on each table
- Proper sorting of the indexes
- Appropriate volume of page offset
- Consistency among pointers
- Appropriate linking of data pages and indexes
The DBCC CHECKDB command includes three subcommands that are-
- DBCC CHECKALLOC- The space allocation structure of database on disk is checked for consistency.
- DBCC CHECKCATALOG- The system table of the specified database is checked for consistency. It ensures that each data type is assigned to a matching entry in the syscolumns and systypes. Also, it ensures that each view and table has a minimum of one column in syscolumns of sysobjects.
- DBCC CHECKTABLE- This command checks the integrity of the text, images, data, index and next pages for the database table. The indexed views and tables are checked for consistency.
Note: The above commands don’t need to be run separately as they are automatically executed when DBCC CHECKDB is implemented.
Permissions required to execute the DBCC CHECKDB Command
The user must be a member of
- sysadmin fixed server role OR
- db_owner fixed database role
This is the authority required by the user to execute the DBCC CHECKDB command on the specified SQL database table.
Approach #2: Restore from Backup
There are chances that the SQL server error 9100 will not get resolved by DBCC execution. Then the other approach is to perform the backup restoration. When the database is restored from the most recent backup files, only the latest data will be lost and the rest will be restored. Full restore of the backup data helps in restoring the database components back to their original spots.
Some Points to be Considered for Creating Backups
- The regular backup of database items is always recommended and it has to be made a ritual or a habit.
- The backup of the data can be best stored at some off-site location with minimum access.
- The backup of data is application oriented and doesn’t require any extra resources.
Backup and restoration involves strategies related to-
Also, the backup restore operations manual is to be maintained to avoid critical scenarios and also to prove helpful in such scenarios.
Limitations of the Manual Methods
The manual workarounds have their own limitations in retrieving back the data to the initial state
- There are chances that the data may be lost during the retrieval process.
- Also, some amount of technical knowledge is must for the user when executing the commands for resolving the SQL server error 9100.
- These workarounds have additional drawbacks in the form of time effort needed on the part of the user
The Software Approach
When the manual methods fail to get the desired result then a software approach like the SQL Recovery tool plays an important role in resolving the SQL Server error 9100. This professional tool is reliable and there is no chance of data loss. Also, the solution is obtained instantly and it is very user-friendly. Developed by a team of experts, it is very rare that such tools fail to impress them and they are usually the favourites amongst most users.
The methods to resolve the SQL Server error 9100 are discussed here with both the manual and the professional approach. Manual workarounds are more risk-prone causing data loss in some scenarios. So it is better for novice users to adopt any professional tool so that the error is resolved without any stress!